Featured Post

Studio Policy

STUDIO POLICY Payments by check, cash and Venmo are all accepted ·    Payment is due the 1 st  lesson of the month  (Unless you pay l...

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Teaching Philosophy

My teaching philosophy is one that I have been contemplating for several years, even before I was a formal teacher.  I have close relationships with many professors, some of whom are in the public as well as in the private school system in Savannah and other states. 

·      I believe that as teachers we are always mentors to our students as well as examples.  Life led by example is the most powerful method of teaching, although it might appear from the outside to be too slow at times. It is one that slowly works a change in others over long periods of time. 
·      I believe that I should always be at lessons early for my students.  
·      I believe I must always be prepared for every lesson as well as every encounter with students.  I take care to always mark down appointments with students so that I can be there for them.
·      I believe in communication with students and colleagues wherever and whenever possible.  Lack of communication causes confusion and doubt, and in order to maintain healthy relationships with all in our acquaintance there needs to be consistent and clear communication. 
My teaching style takes many forms to help students understand the subject matter.  Music can be confusing for anyone who has never studied. I use recordings of music, video, DVD, as well as the piano, and vocal demonstrations facilitate the learning capabilities of the students.  Most people have many different ways of learning, so I try to introduce material in visual as well as aural ways. 


No comments:

Post a Comment